Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat sure released with a bang. And ever since its release internet is going berserk with searches such as:
‘Padmaavat real story’
And especially ‘Padmaavat lesser known facts’.
Rumors of Ranveer falling sick sets being haunted, Deepika feeling traumatized are all over the internet. So here we have Top 7 lesser known facts about Padmaavat.
Also Read- Padmaavat Jauhar scene: How far are the claims against the scene valid?
Spoiler Alert! Want to know why Ranveer broke down during the shooting of Jauhar scene?
Stay hooked till the end.
1. While shooting the climax scene of Padmaavat, Ranveer got so engrossed in his act, that he didn`t realize the big cut on his forehead. It was only after the director said cut when he released he was heavily bleeding, he was rushed to medical facilities.
2. Remember the scene when, Jalalludin Khilji slaps Alauddin in a ‘not-so-friendly’ manner. Ranveer got slapped 24 times by senior actor Raza Murad for the sake of a perfect shot. His face was visibly red the 24th time!
3. Ranveer Singh locked himself in a room for 21 days to get into the character of Alauddin Khilji. The character has a very strong dark presence , quite contrary to the persona of this happy go lucky ‘Gully Boy’.
4. The makers of the Padmaavat decided to launch the trailer on Friday at 13.03. Coincidentally it was 1303 AD when Raja Ratan Singh and Alauddin Khilji locked horns in battle. Too much of a coincidence eh?
5. The Ghoomar song was the first sequence Deepika shot for Padmaavat. “It was for the Ghoomar song [sequence] that I walked onto the set as Padmavati for the first time,” revealed Deepika. It was the most difficult yet fulfilling song she ever performed to. “The Ghoomar Song has to be one of the most difficult yet most fulfilling song sequences I have ever shot for!”
6. Deepika had to perform 66 twirls in Ghoomar song, in total, to preserve the authenticity of the this folk dance.
7. Alauddin Khilji from Padmaavat broke down in the Jauhar scene. Sounds uncanny?
The Jauhar scene was an intense moment for everyone on the sets. Especially for Ranveer who broke down watching his real life sweet heart leading an army of 300 women to the Jauhar Kund. The actor has also admitted falling sick a couple o f times owing to 12 kg costume and the harsh weather conditions and evening zoning out often!
Shahid had faced his own shares of difficulties too. Shahid Kapoor who played the fearless Rawal Ratan Singh was put under a strict diet restriction for over a month. Beside an intense work out session of 2 hours, Shahid was allowed only 50 gms brown rice and steamed veggies for 40 days.! Adding to the woes, his sugar and salt intake was squeezed to almost zero.
Also check out:
Top Bollywood Adult Movies that made no one feel reduced to a vagina..??
Padmaavat is a must watch. The actors have seeped the movie in their blood and sweat. Literally!! Based on 16th-century poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi`s poem Padmavat, the movie stars Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, and Shahid Kapoor in the lead. A bloody tale garnished with love sacrifice, lust, and valor.